The University of Wisconsin Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) will have a booth in the virtual exhibit hall at the 2021 AMS annual meeting from January 11-15. To navigate to the booth, after logging into the virtual portal, select Exhibit Hall under Explore and scroll down down to find "University of Wisconsin - Madison, SSEC". A few highlights of the SSEC booth will include:
- A booth text chat and virtual face to face meetings.
- Demonstrations of McIDAS-X and McIDAS-V. This includes new functionality and commonly used features of both software packages.
- Demonstrations of the SIFT software will be available, as well. Find more information about SIFT on the SIFT webpage.
- Demonstrations of RealEarth.
- Representatives from CSPP LEO and GEO will be available.
A variety of handouts/webpages are also available in the SSEC booth, including:
- Information about McIDAS-X, McIDAS-XCD, and McIDAS-V
- The latest addition of Through the Atmosphere, which features research, projects, and accomplishments at SSEC and CIMSS
- A document with general information about the SDI (SSEC Desktop Ingestor) GRB appliance, SDS (Satellite Data Services), and CIMSS outreach activities
- Information about CSPP LEO and GEO
- A list of talks and posters from AOS, SSEC, and CIMSS scientists
- A webpage featuring an interactive timeline showing the history of satellite meteorology at SSEC
We look forward to (virtually) seeing you!
McIDAS User Services