nightly builds do no launch in windows 10

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

nightly builds do no launch in windows 10

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Since 26 May nightly builds do not launch in Windows 10 - no splash window and no log file get created.

Also, the launch of last working build creates a rather lengthy log (attached). It works for me, but doesn't it look a bit suspicious?

HP
Attachments
mcidasv.log
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
jayh

Re: nightly builds do no launch in windows 10

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

Thanks for the heads up. We've discovered that all the nightly versions aren't working currently, most likely due to inq. 2661.

I've sent a note to the programmer to get this resolved and will update this thread when the installers have been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

The nightlies should be in working order again. They were fixed late afternoon yesterday and have rebuilt on their normal schedule this morning. If you see any issues, just let us know. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks, Jay
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Jay -
Not quite. It till gets stuck, when it cannot find 'C:/Program' (see attached screen shot). Must be 'C:Program Files'. Is that there is the (well-known) problem with the character 'space' in the name?
HP
Attachments
McVlaunch.png
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi HP,

Thanks for reporting this. I replicated that I can't start up today's nightly on my Windows 7 machine when a directory in my install path includes a space. This is something that worked as of a couple weeks back. I believe this is related to work being done in Inquiry 2661 that Jay linked to in his first reply. I've alerted the programmer of the bug and I'll let you know when it is resolved. Note that if my install directory contains no spaces, McIDAS-V starts up without error.

Thanks again,
Bob Carp
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Not having heard anything about this bug for a couple of weeks, I thought to check with recent nightlies whether there has been progress hidden to me. It turns out that the nightlies still do not start, but they now issue a widget with an error message.

HP
Attachments
errorMcV.png
errorMcV.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

Thanks for the follow-up on this issue. We made some changes last week, but currently both Windows7/10 nightlies are still not working when the installation directory has a space in it. The programmer has been working on this inquiry and has run into more problems than expected when moving around the jar files.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks, Jay