streamline density greyed out

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

streamline density greyed out

Post by hproe »

Hi -
Recent nighties of version 1.7 beta 1 have density greyed out when displaying streamlines, i.e. I cannot change the streamline density of numeric fields. I have uploaded a grib file to the SSEC server:
gfsanl_4_201704018_0000_000.grb2
Version 1.6 work fine!
cheers, HP
bobc

Re: streamline density greyed out

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

I'm finding that I'm replicating your results if I start with a Vector Plan View or Wind Barb Plan View display and then change to showing Streamlines in the Layer Controls. However, If I initially display with the Streamline Plan View display type, then the Density slider is available and works to adjust the density of the streamlines in the display. Does this replicate what you are seeing, or are you seeing this problem with the Streamline Plan View display type as well?

It looks like there's a workaround you can use for now if you need to start with Vectors or Wind Barbs, but it involves the Jython Shell. For example, you can run the following commands (assuming the streamlines are the first layer displayed):

Code: Select all

streamlines = activeDisplay().getLayer(1)
# gets a reference to the streamline layer allowing for
# it to be operated on.  The (1) means that it is item 1
# in the list of layers in the display.  This is a 0-based
# list, so item (0) would be the map.

streamlines.getStreamlineDensity()
# returns 1.0, the default density for streamlines

streamlines.setStreamlineDensity(5)
# increases the density of the streamlines in the display

Thanks for reporting this and for providing your data!
Bob
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Bob -
Your full description of the bug is correct, and I confirm that streamline density can be adjusted when starting with Streamline Plan View display type. Thanks for the little script as well.
HP
bobc

Post by bobc »

Thanks for verifying this, HP. I wrote this up as Inquiry 2528. Another thing of note is that this is not an issue if you are displaying more than one timestep.

Thanks again -
Bob