unable to get files to aggregate

Errors and unexpected results
kbedka1

unable to get files to aggregate

Post by kbedka1 »

I have put two files on SSEC's ftp server at pub/incoming, t1.nc and t2.nc

I am trying to use aggregate grids by time to link these two files together to animate as a single data object. This is in preparation for when I soon want to animate hundreds of files together of the same structure. I am getting a java error when I try to aggregate these two files. Could someone tell me what is wrong with these files or if there is something wrong with Mc-Vs handling of them?
bobc

Re: unable to get files to aggregate

Post by bobc »

Hi Kris -

I verified that these files do not aggregate together into one data source in the 1.6beta1 nightly. I wrote this up as Inquiry 2222. This inquiry has been sent to Unidata since this is also a problem in the IDV.

I'm aware that you are currently using nightly builds, but I verified that these files do aggregate together into one data source without error in stable 1.5. I tried out some different files with Aggregate Grids By Time and they do work in the nightly, so there isn't a problem across the board with that data type. However, since your files used to work in 1.5, I'm leaning towards saying that there is a problem with the way that McIDAS-V is handling them now.

I'll keep you updated on this issue when I hear any news.

- Bob Carp
bobc

Re: unable to get files to aggregate

Post by bobc »

Hi Kris -

I saw that Tommy sent you an email about this already, but I wanted to let you know that a fix for this has been put into the nightlies. I've tested it out on Windows 7, Linux 64, and OS X and with the two files you gave me this is working again. If you give the nightly build a try and run into any problems, please let me know.

Thanks -
Bob