Bundles trouble

How do I...?
Cloudy

Bundles trouble

Post by Cloudy »

In McIdas-V Version1.2 to 1.5 when I save a bundle with the option "save with relative path" maintains the original data and does not work with other Data Source.
In MacIdas-V V1.0 beta5 exists the option "Dates Source", which unchecked permits to change the Data Source.
What is the solution? Many thanks
Attachments
MDV.JPG
bobc

Re: Bundles trouble

Post by bobc »

Hello -

The options for saving Views, Displays and Data Sources when saving a bundle were removed prior to McIDAS-V 1.0 to simplify the process of saving bundles. Currently, the way of changing a data source with a bundle is to use the Change data paths option in the Open File dialog (from File -> Open File in the Main Display).
Open File dialog window
Open File dialog window

Once you select your method of loading the bundle, a Data Sources window will appear.
Data Sources window
Data Sources window

Click OK to load in the bundle exactly the way it was saved. Click Change Data to change the data source to use in the display. Once this button is clicked, a window will pop up that looks like the Data Sources tab of the Data Explorer. This allows you to select your data. Once Add Source is clicked in this window, click OK in the Data Sources window. Now, the bundle will load using the data source you just selected.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS User Services
Cloudy

Re: Bundles trouble

Post by Cloudy »

Hello Bob, many thanks for yours indications. Now I can use bundles in the latest version of McIDAS. No more questions for now.

Cloudy