Cannot load a directory in Beta04 but can do so in beta03

Errors and unexpected results
kaba

Cannot load a directory in Beta04 but can do so in beta03

Post by kaba »

I am having trouble loading a directory with more than one file into beta04,
but i use to do the same in beta03.
Actually I have both beta04 and beta03 on my machine right now. Beta03 can do it but beta04 cannot?
Anyone know why this is and if it can be fixed?

kaba
barryr

Re: Cannot load a directory in Beta04 but can do so in beta03

Post by barryr »

Kaba,
Thanks for showing us the issue. As we mentioned during our visit, you can no longer highlight the directory name then press "Add Source". Instead, you must first open the directory so that its contents are displayed. That was done intentionally (first added in beta4, I think) because there were possible problems with selecting just a directory name.

Once you've opened the directory, you can select any or all files (by clicking them) then click "Add Source". If you don't select any files then it loads all files in the directory (so does the same thing as selecting all of them). The blue text above the "Add Source" button does a good job of describing what it will do.

I also added a new McV enhancement request inquiry (594) as a result of our visit. The request says: "When selecting multiple files of same format in the Files/Directories chooser, let the user choose between loading as a single time-based data source, or as separate data sources."

Barry