Loading Data and Automatic Resource Cleanup

Post any questions, ideas, or topics related to Jython and Python scripting.
Jon

Re: Loading Data and Automatic Resource Cleanup

Post by Jon »

Hi Joleen,

Apologies for the bug. I'm looking into it now…
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi again Joleen,

I believe I have a fix, but it required moving McV's Jython version from 2.5.2 to 2.7…because it's kind of a big change I didn't make it part of the official build (yet!), but I did create installers that you can try if you're feeling up for a little adventure!

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~jbeavers/tmp/
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Jon,

I am working with an undergrad student right now. She is new to python. Would you recommend that she download this new version as well?

Joleen
Jon

Post by Jon »

Right now those installers with Jython 2.7 are just a one-off, so until we can all get a feel for whether or not 2.7 works well enough these builds won't be getting automated updates with fixes and whatnot…though feel free to shoot me an email or post on the forum if you need a newer 2.7 build.

That said, 2.7 has nice enough features that I'm going to be pushing pretty hard to get McV officially moved over ASAP.
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Jon,

I had to upgrade my nightly build because of other issues not related to a newer version of python. Do you have another one-off build with the newer python included for the most recent builds?

Thanks,
Joleen
Jon

Post by Jon »

I just uploaded some new ones with the latest VisAD/IDV/McV code…FWIW we're still in a code freeze for a little longer.

I'm happy to make these one-offs, but everyone must remember the IMPORTANT disclaimer that these have undergone almost no testing! Scary warning aside, they should work as expected.