Retrieving data probe values from a specific point via scripting

Post any questions, ideas, or topics related to Jython and Python scripting.
TJS

Retrieving data probe values from a specific point via scripting

Post by TJS »

Hi,

Is there a simple way to dump out, say, a vector of data for a given point in a script? For example, right now I can add the probe in foreground (interactively) and then have to add each of the next 15 band via 'add parameter', but this takes time, plus, I didn't see a band number to output as well (which is important with 16 bands).

Doing this over time really needs a simple script output and one that does free any used memory after the output.

Thanks,
TJS
jayh

Re: Retrieving data probe values from a specific point via scrip

Post by jayh »

Hi Tim-

I apologize for not responding sooner to your request. I split this off into it's own topic since the other thread had been shifting to discussion of heap size issues.

This is something that would need to be programmed into the scripting libraries. abhiram and dl08 were centering an image on a lat/lon at the upper left corner and then taking the first value in the array for the data probe value. (page 2 of this thread) This is a way to do what you are asking, but having a specific method to do the operation would be nice. I have written up inq. 1920 for evaluation.

Thanks, Jay