searching in the evaulate window?

Post any questions, ideas, or topics related to Jython and Python scripting.
TJS

searching in the evaulate window?

Post by TJS »

Hi,

Is there a way to search (something like cntl-f) in the 'evaluate' jython shell window? or do I need to bring the script into another editor?

Also, I sometimes get my most recent script (after starting a new session) with cntl-p, yet sometimes I don't.

Thanks,
TJS
joleenf

Re: searching in the evaulate window?

Post by joleenf »

It would be nice to save the last recalled script to file. Occasionally, after exiting McIDAS-V and then entering again, a single CTRL-P will return an old version of a script.

Joleen
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Tim -

There currently isn't any way of searching the Evaluate field of the Jython Shell. I have written up McIDAS-V Inquiry number 1617 to cover adding this enhancement:
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1617

As far as ctrl+p not working, I have a couple questions for you:
1. What platform are you on?
2. How often do you run across this problem?

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS User Services
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

I have not had too much trouble on my mac 10.7.5 OS. Occasionally, this will happen if I force an exit while the script is still running, but then there is an explanation for that.

I have seen this be a problem for kbah and tjs. kbah is on a mac and tjs is on a windows 7 machine. How often does this happen? TJS is new to scripting and in the 3-4 times I have worked with him, I have seen this occur at least twice. I have not checked the jython log to see if the proper sequence is there.

Joleen