I can not run a script in McIDAS-V 1.3

Cool displays
glez_b

I can not run a script in McIDAS-V 1.3

Post by glez_b »

I'm using the latest version of McIDAS-V to run an ISL script, i do the following:

/ home / mcidas / McIDAS-V-SYSTEM / runMcV / home/mcidas/isl/basic1.isl

When I run the script in linux console I do not get any results.

Try running a python script as follows and again I do not get any results.
/ home / mcidas / McIDAS-V-SYSTEM / runMcV -script / home / mcidas/ python/ir.py

I try to run the other way

/ home / mcidas / McIDAS-V-SYSTEM / runMcV -islfile / home / mcidas/ python/ir.py

I do not get any results.

What is the best way to run this kind of script? In previous versions of McIDAS-V, the commands are executed properly and appeared one popup screen with the instruction given in the script.
Boris_MCS
Rick

Re: I can not run a script in McIDAS-V 1.3

Post by Rick »

Hi Boris,

Lets's try a couple of things. First open a jython shell and copy and paste your script into the jython shell:

From the Map Display -> Tools -> Forumlas -> Jython Shell
There is a double arrow on the right side of the Jython Shell, click that (allows you to enter multiple line)
Copy and paste your script into the Window (in the box next to the word evaluate).
Now click evaluate.

This will show you any errors you may have in your script.

When starting your script from the command line, use -script as -isl file is no-longer an option.

Also, please post your /home/mcidas/McIDAS-V/mcidasv.log and ir.py

Rick
glez_b

Post by glez_b »

It's a simple script, but I'm studying them

This is my code:

Code: Select all

<isl debug="true">
     <echo message="Here is my loop:"/>
     <group loop="5" sleep="1">
         <echo message="Hello world"/>
     </group>
     <echo message="Done"/>
</isl>

When I run the script, in linux console

[mcidas@localhost McIDAS-V-System]$ ./runMcV /home/mcidas/isl/basic2.isl

do not see the messages that were written in the script. Only appear the following letters:

Reading system configuration...
sys mem: 3778
mcv flags: -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=false -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -Didv.sysmem=3778
./jre/bin/java -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx3022M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.ext.dirs="/home/mcidas/McIDAS-V-System/javaextdir":"/home/mcidas/McIDAS-V-System/jre/lib/ext":"/home/mcidas/Library/Java/Extensions" -Dlogback.configurationFile="edu/wisc/ssec/mcidasv/resources/logback.xml" -Dmcv.userpath="/home/mcidas/McIDAS-V" -Dpython.security.respectJavaAccessibility=false -classpath ".:./rsyntaxtextarea-2.0.2.jar:./sysout-over-slf4j-1.0.2.jar:./commons-math-2.2.jar:./mcv_userguide.jar:./log4j-over-slf4j-1.6.1.jar:./logback-classic-0.9.29.jar:./logback-core-0.9.29.jar:./miglayout-4.0-swing.jar:./slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar:./jython.jar:./eventbus-1.3.jar:./mcidasv.jar:./auxdata.jar:./external.jar:./local-idv.jar:./idv.jar:./local-visad.jar:./ncIdv.jar:./visad.jar" -da edu.wisc.ssec.mcidasv.McIDASV -Dvisad.java3d.textureNpot=false -Dvisad.java3d.imageByRef=true -Dvisad.java3d.geometryByRef=true -Didv.3d=true -Didv.sysmem=3778 -userpath "/home/mcidas/McIDAS-V" /home/mcidas/isl/basic2.isl

After a few seconds, returns again to this:
[mcidas@localhost McIDAS-V-System]$

If anyone can guide me, I appreciate it
Boris_MCS
tomw

Post by tomw »

Boris --

McIDAS-V does not support ISL scripting. You will need to stick with Jython...

In your Jython scripts, you might either look in the jython.log file for your output, or better yet, create your own output file using Jython's file open/write/close -- that way you can control where your text output goes, etc. Just a thought.

For example:

Code: Select all

f = open("/temp/abc.txt","w");
f.write("hello world");
f.close();