Capture Movie (html) for flanis

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

Capture Movie (html) for flanis

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

When I used the flanis option for capturing a movie, the filenames of the individual jpg files had an extra period (..jpg instead of .jpg). Also, could there be some options to zero pad the image number. Currently, the sequence is image_0_time, image_1_time...image_10_time...

It would be easier to use a sequence of image_000_time, image_001_time, image_010_time...

Thanks,
Joleen
barryr

Re: Capture Movie (html) for flanis

Post by barryr »

Hi Joleen,
Thanks for the report. I created McV Inquiry 1126 (http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1126) to fix the problem with the extra period in the filename.

I also discovered that you can include leading zeros in the image file names by changing the Filename Template from image_%count%_%time% to something like image_%count:000%_%time% (the colon is required). In this case the image numbers will be 001, 002, ..., 010, 011, etc. Yes, I will add this info to the Image and Movie Capture page in the McV User's Guide in the next day or so. :P

Barry
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

you can include leading zeros in the image file names by changing the Filename Template from image_%count%_%time% to something like image_%count:000%_%time% (the colon is required).

Barry,

That works for saving files with the checkbox in the main capture movie file, but there is no option in the saving of images for the flanis or anis html. See images below...

Save individual images of a movie
Save individual images of a movie

Window for saving individual images associated with flanis file.
Window for saving individual images associated with flanis file.

Maybe the saving of individual images in the main capture movie window should be linked to the secondary flanis save window.

Joleen

Joleen
barryr

Post by barryr »

Joleen,
Thanks for the clarification. I created McV Inquiry 1127 (http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1127) to address the issue of the Save Movie > AniS/FlAniS option not including the ability to specify the naming format of the image files.