ADDE dataset, unknown navigation type

Errors and unexpected results
kbedka1

ADDE dataset, unknown navigation type

Post by kbedka1 »

I'm trying to bring in a McIDAS AREA from a local ADDE server. These files display perfectly well in McIDAS-X and had worked fine in Mc-V in the past. All data units appeared and I could display or subset any parameter. Now I'm now getting a message saying "unknown navigation type1414091343". When I select a parameter, it says that it cannot create a preview image. I really need this to work and I have placed a copy of this file at: ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming/AREA3101. Could someone please look into this?
tomw

Re: ADDE dataset, unknown navigation type

Post by tomw »

The nav type is: TIRO, which I suspect is for a polar orbiter. No polar nav is supported yet in McV, except through the ADDE server, wherein you must select "lat-lon" navigation in the chooser.

<edited to remove irrelevant information>
Last edited by tomw on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Kris-

In the Imagery chooser, you will need to select Navigation: Lat/Lon (not default) before you Add Source.

I have also noticed that once you get the unknown navigation type error in a McV session, it's best to just restart. I've gotten the can't make preview image error afterwards, even though I've gone back and chosen lat/lon navigation.

If you have any other problems with this, just let us know.

Thanks, Jay
kbedka1

Post by kbedka1 »

thank you for the quick response, selecting a lat/lon navigation in Mc-V worked for me.