No loop built if missing one image

Errors and unexpected results
TJS

No loop built if missing one image

Post by TJS »

Hi,

I tried to look at a loop of images off the GOES Server. Of the 5 images, the third did not cover the geographical area that I selected. (The area was over the US, while the 3rd image was in the Southern Hemisphere.) Now, when I asked for a loop, only the first image displayed. Ideally all good (4 in this case) images would be displayed. Maybe if image that's not over the area should only show the black - missing data?

I realize (now) that I could have just selected the 'good' images (using the control button), but since the area preview display only seems to show the first image, it's hard to know the coverage area of the other images. Plus, if I were looking at a loop of 100 images, that could really slow things down.

Thanks,
TJS
Attachments
only one image loaded.
only one image loaded.
tried to load 5 images.
tried to load 5 images.
jayh

Re: No loop built if missing one image

Post by jayh »

Hi Tim-

We have seen this bug with POES data previously in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=593. Obviously you've proved that it's a problem with satellite data in general. I have updated your information from this forum post into this inquiry: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=846. Also, I have made it more generic for all satellite data.

If you have any further comments or questions, just let us know.

Thanks, Jay
TJS

Post by TJS »

Thanks.

PS: Kaba told me about the 'right click' to turn off 'frames'. Is this one of the tips on the help?

TJS
jayh

Post by jayh »

You can find that information on the Time Animation Widget help page: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv ... ation.html

There is also a "Help Tip" that brings you to that page as well.

Thanks, Jay