can't load multiple visible images from time range

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

can't load multiple visible images from time range

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

In the imagery chooser, I selected a time range which contains images with uniform data (TEMP=0 in 3.9 um channel). When I tried to create a loop, I can only load one image at time because there are "missing images" in the time range. The time range is 2011-04-06 19:02 GMT-20:45 GMT GOES-13 Imagery. The blank images are at 19:09, 19:30, and 20:30. If I load the images without changing anything in the Advanced Tab or Region Tab, I can load a loop. If I change the region to make a smaller domain, and the request that the data be loaded at full resolution, I have to load one image at a time, a loop will not load. I am using Version: 1.01 Build-date: 2011-04-04 17:28

Joleen
beckys

Re: can't load multiple visible images from time range

Post by beckys »

Do all of the images have the same geographical coverage?

If they don't, I think the only way to display a loop is to specify Area Coordinates in the Advanced Tab, and make your request big enough to cover all of your images.

Ideally, in the future, we want it to use lat/lon and just skip the images it can't display.
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Joleen-

No matter which coordinate system you use, you'll need to make sure the domain is included in each image. It's a limitation in the way the ADDE server works and a similar request fails the same way in McIDAS-X. I noted this behavior in the ALL datasets of the GOES-13 imagery. Using CONUS works fine (for a small full res region over WI for example) and includes all the times except the 3 southern hemisphere scans that you mentioned.

I've written up inq. 998 for Evaluation. http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=998

Thanks, Jay
TJS

Post by TJS »

Great, this inquiry should be 'tied' to:

http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=998

since they seem to cover the same topic.

TJS
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Tim-

I'm guessing you meant inq. 846. Which is correct... I tied these together for now, and once programming starts on them, I'm guessing one will be closed unless there are some other extenuating factors.
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=846

Thanks, Jay
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Jay, you are correct. TJS's post (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=893&hilit=GOES) and this one are related.

Thanks!
Joleen