local ADDE sever

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

local ADDE sever

Post by hproe »

Since a week or so I cannot access local ADDE servers. I get

Could not connect to dataset "METOP" on server "localhost:8112".
Dataset may require ADDE accounting information.

Disabling the firewall does not help. I am not aware of having done any changes regarding ports.

I am running a recent build of McV 64-bit 1.01 beta 2 under W7.

HP
Jon

Re: local ADDE sever

Post by Jon »

Hi, HP.

My guess is that somehow a remote server has been defined using the information from a local server entry. You may want to try opening the ADDE Data Manager via the Tools>Manage ADDE Datasets menu item and then checking the Remote Data tab for an entry that looks something like localhost:8112/METOP. If it's there, you can try removing that particular entry and then re-creating it by clicking on File>New Local Dataset in the server manager window.

If the above stuff works I can try adding some "fuzzier" logic to the chooser's input fields (it considers "adde.jon.com" remote and "localhost"/"127.0.0.1" to be local...but something like "localhost:8112" seems to break it).

Good luck--and definitely let me know if my assumption was completely incorrect!
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Jon -

I did not find any entry of the form you have indicated Actually, the problem exists with all 5 local servers I have defined (see attached RESOLV.SRV).

HP
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sorry to hear that…hopefully McV didn't hit a bug that caused it to write invalid data to its config files. Also, it looks as though the attachment didn't make it…if it's less annoying feel free to email it to me. [ jbeavers@ssec ]
erica

Post by erica »

Hi! This is the first time I write in this forum... thank you all for your support in advance.

I found the same problem that hproe described in this thread: what solution did you find?
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Erica-

My sincere apologies that we have overlooked this forum post of yours. I found it when I was searching for similar problems with other users. I just posted a larger response about this topic in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=997

There are other forum links in that post as well. Please use that information to diagnose your problems and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you, Jay
McIDAS User Services