Can not display one of the variables in Netcdf file

Errors and unexpected results
bshan

Can not display one of the variables in Netcdf file

Post by bshan »

Hi,
When I tried to use M-V to generate images from my netcdf file, I encountered the following problems .

1) Can not generate image for variable "Cloud temperature center average at 4 levels". I ncdump'ed the file, there are data.

2) Data range for "Cloud height center average at 4 levels" is not correct. The max value in the file is 1662 with scale factor 0.01. From the color bar, the values seemed to be applied with scale factor 0.0001.

Thanks for your help,

Baojuan

p.s.: I can not attach my netcdf file. It will not allow me to submit the post. Please let me know if I can email you the file.
jayh

Re: Can not display one of the variables in Netcdf file

Post by jayh »

Hi Baojuan...

You can email the file to the MUG Help Desk at mug@ssec.wisc.edu

Also, I can pick it from from a ftp site as well or ftp it to ftp.ssec.wisc.edu and place it in pub/incoming and let me know the filename.

Thanks, Jay
bshan

Post by bshan »

Hi,
I emailed the netcd file to mug@ssec.wisc.edu.

Today, I happened to run the older version of M-V v1.0Beta5 and I found out that this older version can correctly generate images for the two variables mentioned.

But the latest version had problem.

Thanks
Baojuan
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Baojuan-

Thanks for the example file. I see the same problems you do. I've written inq. 853 to look at this error: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=853

Thanks, Jay