Data only on one side of Prime Meridian/Dateline

Errors and unexpected results
wstraka

Data only on one side of Prime Meridian/Dateline

Post by wstraka »

This has been something that was in the previous versions of Mc-V and has continued through to v1.0, namely, if I have a set of gridded data file or data off the ADDE that straddles the international date line or the prime meridian, and then use the probe (middle mouse button), I have noticed that I am only to probe data on one side and not the other of 0E or 180 E/W. Do you know what the issue is and how we might be able to probe data on both sides of the 0E or 180W line?
jayh

Re: Data only on one side of Prime Meridian/Dateline

Post by jayh »

Hi William...

Could you post some data that exhibits this behavior? Email, attach here, or ftp is fine. And I'll get an inquiry written up as I didn't find one with this issue.

Thanks, Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi William-

I've written inq. 874 for evaluation: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=874

Please post some data that exhibits this behavior or send it to the help desk. I still haven't found anything.

Thanks, Jay
wstraka

Post by wstraka »

All, what is the status of fixing looking at VIIRS data over the International date Line? I've given Tommy a couple of examples, but have yet to see a fix, even in the latest nightly build.

And this is despite the ticket saying it is "resolved".
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi William-

Sorry for the lack of details in that inquiry... the file we received for testing that inquiry was a netCDF file with this name:

MSG8_SEVIRI_2006236_1500_00_AWG_CLOUD_MASK.nc

It is centered over the prime meridian and I'm able to display and the probe the image fine. I'll add some details to that inquiry.

The issue you have with MODIS and VIIRS files is written up in this inquiry and is in the status of being resolved with a high priority:
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1333

which refers to this forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1126

Thanks, Jay
wstraka

Post by wstraka »

Yeah. It is a bit confusing to have two topics on this (similar yet different!). Anyway, thanks for the clarification on that. We could probably lock this one up, since it is resolved.