Error window instead of ignoring error - POES display

Errors and unexpected results
tsavos

Error window instead of ignoring error - POES display

Post by tsavos »

In McIDAS-V version 1.0, when I attempt to load a POES pass that is not over the geographic area that I specify, instead of McIDAS-V "ignoring" the pass and moving on, I now get an error.

Previous versions of McIDAS-V (beta 5 and before) let me simply grab a group of POES passes then would display only the ones over the region I specified (I loved this because it made finding a POES pass over a region very simple. Just point it at my dataset and let the thing run, and any passes that contained my center point would show up!)

I now have to back and click on each individual HRPT, LAC, or GAC orbit and manually dismiss the errors until a good pass is found. I've attached the error output.

-Brian
ESPC

Error.jpg
Rick

Re: Error window instead of ignoring error - POES display

Post by Rick »

Hi ...
Few questions for you. Please post please post your mcidasv.log file this should help us get a better handle on your problem. What chooser are you using. If it is the image Satellite Imagery chooser, which server and dataset are you using. How are you requesting the data (image coordinates, lat/lon)

Thanks,

Rick
tsavos

Post by tsavos »

Rick,

I'm using the imagery chooser under the "Legacy Chooser" tree. I'm using ESPC dataset PLR at server satepsdist4e.nesdis.noaa.gov. I am pulling up N19HRPT in this dataset and attempting to load a group of passes as seen in the attached screen shot. The error I get is what I attached to my original post, even though I know one of those passes is over my area of interest (I go back and try to load each of them individually, and I finally "hit" on my area). In previous versions, I was able to load the group and McIDAS-V would churn through each pass until it found one that covered my area. (I guess similar to the CONTINUE=YES keyword when using a similar batch file in McIDAS-X)

chooser.jpg

By the way, I use the new satellite chooser and while I do not get an error, the new chooser looks at the first pass in my selected group and comes back with "Selected Image(s) Not Available" even though a pass in that group covers my area (again I have to go back and try to bring up individual passes to find the one over me)

Thanks!
-Brian
Attachments
mcidasv.log
(16.81 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hi Brian,

The new chooser is using lat/lon coordinates as the default, so the error you are seeing is correct. I'll write up an inquiry to see if we can 'ignore' the error and continue displaying the other images. http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/in ... nquiry=846

The bug will be fixed in the new chooser.