Having troubles creating my desired lat/lon projection

Errors and unexpected results
kaba

Having troubles creating my desired lat/lon projection

Post by kaba »

there seems to be a bug that wont let me edit the domain of a projection i had created earlier.
when I go to the Project Manager and select to edit a projection I created earlier, the
"Define/Edit Projection" window pops up. however when I adjust the map range and save it, the changes never get applied to the projection.

attached is an image showing some details.
on the right is the new domain i want and on the left is the current domain for this projection. I have tried apply, save preview over and over
but it just keep defaulting back to the one on the left.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 12.57.57 PM.png
jayh

Re: Having troubles creating my desired lat/lon projection

Post by jayh »

Hi Kaba-

I haven't been able to reproduce your problem on my XP machine or on our Mac OSX testing machine. I've tried an older nightly version of beta6 as well as the current beta6 from the website. I'm able to get a new projection to save, edit and save, etc.

I did notice that the Preview button likes to just reset the projection back to where it started and wipe out any changes you made, but I was still able to recreate and apply changes with the Save and Apply buttons.

What version of -V are you running? Any updates to your Mac lately?

Thanks, Jay
kaba

Re: Having troubles creating my desired lat/lon projection

Post by kaba »

Jay
I am currently using ones of the nightly version of beta6 about 3 weeks old now.
If you have some time to come down I will be glad to show it to you.

thanks
kaba