Error making the absolute list of AVHRR Files from CLASS

Errors and unexpected results
tsavos

Error making the absolute list of AVHRR Files from CLASS

Post by tsavos »

This is an error that I've only recently started to see. I have downloaded several Level 1b POES passes from NOAA CLASS and placed them into a folder, then set up a local ADDE server to read those files. When selecting the data, I can read the files when using the "Relative" listing but since some of my files are different dates/years, I'd like to use the "Absolute" tab to graphically see the dates times. When I select the "Absolute" tab, I get an EOF error (output window with details attached)

Thanks!
-Brian
ESPC
Attachments
error.jpg
barryr

Re: Error making the absolute list of AVHRR Files from CLASS

Post by barryr »

Hi Brian,
We tried duplicating the error with both some older AVHRR files that were downloaded from CLASS back in October 2006, and newer files that were downloaded just today. In both cases we were able to read and display the images using both the "Relative" tab and the "Absolute" tab.

I then asked our systems programmer about the error messages (java.io.EOFException...) and he said the error is occurring down in VisAD and that the EOFException is probably referring the the ADDE data stream that the local server is returning. He suggested that you clean out the directory with your files so that it only contains the l1b files you got from CLASS, then try it again. If you still see the error, try it with a small subset of the files (maybe 3-5 files)

If that doesn't give an answer, please provide some example files so we can see if we can reproduce the problem. Please also include any additional info that might be helpful, such as your operating system and which version of McIDAS-V you're running.

Thanks!
Barry
tsavos

Post by tsavos »

Hi Barry,

I cleaned out the directory as you recommended plus I upgraded both my Windows XP 32-bit and Red Hat Linux 32-bit to Mc-V version 1.0. I tested on both and I can now see the complete file listing.

Thanks!
-Brian
barryr

Post by barryr »

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know...

Barry