Color Table Editor - Interpolate

Errors and unexpected results
tsavos

Color Table Editor - Interpolate

Post by tsavos »

Hi,

I found a change from beta4 to beta5 that I'm not sure if it's a bug or the procedure changed. When I go into the color table editor, in beta4 when I would click on a color and choose "interpolate", I could stretch my chosen color onto the bar using the left mouse click and the interpolation would calculate my chosen color at the initial click fading to the original color, based on how far I dragged the cursor.

In beta5, it appears this may be broken. I've tried it on both the Linux and Windows versions with the same results. All of the other actions (fill, brightness, transparency) all work correctly.

Thanks,
-Brian
ESPC
jayh

Re: Color Table Editor - Interpolate

Post by jayh »

Hi Brian-

Thanks for reporting this bug. We see the problem in beta5 and in the IDV nightly, so I've sent it to the Unidata programmers and written up an inquiry: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=658

If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks, Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Brian-

I talked with Unidata and they have been trying some different interpolation methods in different color spaces. Some color ranges do not work and they've backed out of some of these changes. These changes should be in the next beta version.

Thanks, Jay
tsavos

Post by tsavos »

Jay,

Thanks for the update! I have been able to get around this by selecting "fill" and coloring two chunks of the bar with solid colors (black next to white) and using the interpolate button to interpolate from one to the other. It works, but the older method was much easier.

-Brian
ESPC