bundles produce stack overlfow in recent McV builds

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

bundles produce stack overlfow in recent McV builds

Post by hproe »

Hi -
Recent builds of McIDAS-V (at least those of the past weekend) produce stack overflow with my bundles (I have uploaded to the SSEC server a sample bundle: MSLP_Z500.mcv. As others, this bundle worked flawless in the past. Can you reproduce this error (under Windows 10)?
cheers, HP
bobc

Re: bundles produce stack overlfow in recent McV builds

Post by bobc »

Hi HP,

I'm replicating these errors. The errors appear any time you attempt displaying a layer that creates a layer label through a bundle or by clicking through the UI. I made the programmer aware of this and it should be addressed soon. For now, you should be able to use a nightly created this past Friday AM (11/16) or earlier and you shouldn't see these errors. If you don't have an installer from late last week, I can put one on ftp for you to grab. I'll update this post when a fix is in the nightly.

Thanks for reporting this,
Bob
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Bob -

Okay. I am already running the Friday build (do always keep a good number older builds in stock!).

HP
bobc

Post by bobc »

Sounds good, HP. This problem likely appeared in a nightly created Friday afternoon (around 2PM or so CST). So if you give the Friday nightly a try and run into any problems, try one from Thursday or earlier.

Bob
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi HP,

Just an update that you can pick up a new nightly and the error related to drawing the layer labels should be resolved. Please let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Bob
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Bob -
I can only confirm that the bug has disappeared. Thanks to those involved.
HP