doing an RGB with data form a bundle

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

doing an RGB with data form a bundle

Post by hproe »

Hi -

The following procedure does not complete, for SEVIRI/AHI data, for versions 1.5, 1.6, 1.7beta1 under Windows 10:

1. I retrieve 3 data granules for a Natural Colour RGB and store them in a bundle with the units (reflectivity/albedo) to be used for the RGB. I save the granules in a bundle.
2. I call up the bundle in a new McV session.
3. I call up the RGB formula via Formulas, assign the respective bands to the Fields in the Field selector and press OK.
4. The Field Selector stays put and nothing happens. Pressing Cancel gets me out again.

Can you replicate this behaviour?

cheers, HP
barryr

Re: doing an RGB with data form a bundle

Post by barryr »

Hi HP,
Thanks for reporting this issue. We were able to replicate the problem. It appears to be due to the RGB selector having an Image Size of 0x0, as seen in the Advanced tab in the attached screenshot. It works correctly if you change the size from 0,0 to valid values (by entering numbers or by clicking the adjacent four green arrows button to specify full image size) and then the OK button.

I wrote up McV inquiry 2453 to address the problem.

Thanks,
Barry
Attachments
formula_image_size.jpg
hproe

Re: doing an RGB with data form a bundle

Post by hproe »

Hi Barry -

As you can see on the snippet, I see the tabs disabled (which has some logic, as everything has been pre-selected at bunlde-time). So, nothing can be done to repair the situation. Way out is replacing bundle with AREA files using 'Make Data Source Local', as discussed in another recent thread.

cheers, HP
disabled.jpg