MSG HRIT ADDE server extracts not more than 100 time slots

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

MSG HRIT ADDE server extracts not more than 100 time slots

Post by hproe »

Hi -

It's a long time I have not processed very long MSG HRIT sequences. I see now that the MSG HRIT ADDE server in versions 1.6 and 1.7 beta1 only extracts up to 100 time slots per request, be it from full-disk or HRV data. Version 1.5 extracts whatever number of time slots are in the data folder. Can you reproduce this?

HP
bobc

Re: MSG HRIT ADDE server extracts not more than 100 time slots

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

Assuming you are talking about only 100 times listed in the Absolute Times tab of the Field Selector, at the bottom of the list of times you will see a button labeled "List All Images". If you click this button, then McIDAS-V will list out all of the images included in the dataset (2971 times right now for HRV/FD). This "List All Images" button was added in version 1.6 as an attempt to speed things up for users who are attempting to look at the most recent/latest images. For example, it takes less than 1 second to list out 100 times of MSG/FD, but ~13 seconds to list all of the MSG/FD times.

If this isn't what you are referring to, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
hproe

Post by hproe »

That's it :D
sorry and thanks, HP
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

For what it is worth, I was confused by the 100 times as well when I accessed an SRSOR from the geoarc server.

Joleen