problem with remote ADDE server

Errors and unexpected results
kbedka1

problem with remote ADDE server

Post by kbedka1 »

When I try to add a remote server, I frequently get an error message like in the attached that says that Mc-V cannot connect to the given server. But when I click Add Server, and I can then find it in the dataset list, see attached. Why am I getting an error, but in reality, there's really no issue?
Last edited by kbedka1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobc

Re: problem with remote ADDE server

Post by bobc »

Hi Kris -

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into this. However, I noticed that your image of the ADD Remote Dataset window has accounting information included on there. If this is your accounting for other SSEC Data Center servers, you might want to consider removing that image in place of one that doesn't include accounting info.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS Help Desk
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi again Kris -

Our programmer made a change that fixes the problem you were seeing when attempting to add and verify the server. I've quick-checked this fix on my Windows 7 machine and it seems to work well. This will be included in tomorrow's 1.7beta1 nightly build. In the meantime in version 1.6, I believe the best way of adding new servers/datasets if you see this problem is to manually select the valid 'Dataset Types' for the dataset and then click Add Server. The 'Verify' part of 'Verify and Add Server' goes through and checks the dataset for each one of the Dataset Types to see if it's available, and it turns out that the timeout was too small for this verification to work in all cases.

If you have any further questions, or if you try the 1.7b1 nightly and have any problems, please let me know.

Thanks for reporting this -
Bob
kbedka1

Post by kbedka1 »

thanks for the heads up about accounting and for looking into this. I will check out the new version soon