odd menu, add tab not working

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

odd menu, add tab not working

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I have been seeing some strange bugs lately, there does not seem to be an exact pattern to produce the problems. Right now I am working in McV1.7beta1 2016-07-25.

This morning I saw a Region tab which would not properly resize. If I made the window larger, the region selection was still way too small to easily select the Alaska region.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 10.18.00 AM.png

Then, when I tried opening a bundle, and adding a tab, the tab did not appear, though the data loaded into the field selector.

Finally, on Friday, I was able to see the table of contents for the User Help, but no information appeared when I selected a topic.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 11.25.16 AM.png
barryr

Re: odd menu, add tab not working

Post by barryr »

Hi Jolene,
Thanks for reporting these issues. Can you let us know what type of data you were using when the problems occurred? And do you think it is related to the data, or do you think it just happens periodically no matter what type of data you're using?

We have a number of odd and often hard-to-reproduce problems written up in inquiries 2109 and 2395. I will add a reference to the three reported here (Region tab won't resize; new tab via bundle doesn't appear; User's Guide content panel goes blank) in case they're related. If you happen to find a sequence that consistently causes these problems please be sure to let us know.

BTW, if the "Region tab won't resize" problem occurs again, you could try changing the dropdown in the upper-right from 'Use Default Region' to 'Select A Region' and then use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in to the preferred region.

Thanks again,
Barry
joleenf

Re: odd menu, add tab not working

Post by joleenf »

Hi Barry,

I have a feeling this will be in the hard to reproduce problem category. This was a GFS grid. I ended up using "Match Display Region" to select the region I wanted, because in "Select A Region" I could not get a box to display around AK, it was too close to the edge of the super small box.

Joleen