Capture off target

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

Capture off target

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Since a couple of 1.6beta1 nightlies, Capture is off target, i.e. it returns an area shifted to NW relative to the targeted view, like the captured Current View in the attached image.

HP
Attachments
captureCurrentView.png
jayh

Re: Capture off target

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

I tried this out with some betas that are a couple of weeks old and today's and do not see the problem. I went thru the menus with View->Capture->Image and I could not replicate the issue. Are you getting this from the user interface or through a scripting function?

Thanks, Jay
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Jay -

I get it through the user interface with 64-bit version under Windows 10. With 1.5 it works okay.

HP
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

Do you know the dates of your nightlies that are failing? We made some version changes to JOGL and java3d on May 19 and are wondering if those are the cause of your problems.

Also, if you could try running a session with the -tempuserpath flag, we would like to know if that still has the error as well. You can go to your McIDAS-V-System directory in a cmd prompt and execute runMcV.bat -tempuserpath which starts a fresh session with a temporary McIDAS-V folder.

Thanks, Jay
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Jay -

Relief. Capture is working again as expected with the new nightly of 2016-06-01 17:54!
Just for completeness. I have re-checked with/without -tempuserpath a nightly of 2016-05-31. It showed the misbehaviour in both cases.
Conclusion: problem was not on my side???

cheers, HP
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi HP-

Thanks for the information. There were some test runMcV.bat changes that were in a few of the nightlies. It appears those were the culprit. The programmer was able to reproduce your issue with these changes on a Windows 10 virtual machine build that he has. I was never able to reproduce them on our Windows 10 desktop.

For now, as you have seen, the nightly builds are back to the "old" runMcV.bat and capture image is working appropriately.

I have created inq. 2354 for changes that are related to this issue. If you see any other problems or oddities with Windows 10, keep sending them our way.

Thanks, Jay