dock is saving in captureImage

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

dock is saving in captureImage

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I am working on a small screen today. While my mac dock disappears, and is not in view when I run a capture image, it is still interfering with the capture image. I thought this problem had been solved, but unfortunately, there is probably not a way for a McIDAS window to be forced in front of the dock (which is not visible anyway). I solved this by moving my dock to the right side of my window. However, I thought I should submit a bug report as well.
goesr16band.png

Joleen
bobc

Re: dock is saving in captureImage

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I'm working on trying to replicate this one on one of our OS X laptops. One thing that I found is that with the 16-panel display, it can take about 6 or 7 seconds to complete the capture of the image when 'All Views' is selected in the Image Capture window. I've only tested this without data displayed in the panels, just the maps. If I move my mouse to the bottom of the monitor after about 4 or 5 seconds after clicking Save, I can replicate your results. I'm wondering if you were doing this since in your image there is a text bubble above the PowerPoint button saying 'Microsoft PowerPoint'. I'm only able to see this text bubble if my mouse is over the toolbar button.

Can you please verify that you are giving the image capture time to complete before moving your mouse to the bottom of the screen?

Thanks -
Bob Carp
joleenf

Re: dock is saving in captureImage

Post by joleenf »

Bob,

You are correct. If I wait longer before trying to open a different tool, there is no dock in the screen capture.

Joleen