legend/layer labels cannot be changed

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

legend/layer labels cannot be changed

Post by hproe »

Hi -

This bug occurs both with 1.5 and recent 1.6beta1. When selecting 'RGB Composite' as display type, changed (extra) legend and display labels that get fixed with 'Add Macro' return to the default (%displayname% for legend, nil for extra legend and layer label) at the next instance.

In order to test it, use any of my RGB formulae in the EUMETSAT plugin, change the display type to 'RGB Composite' with the formula editor and in the Jython script change 'combineRGB(...)' to 'mycombineRGB(...).

The alternative display type '3 Color (RGB) Image' behaves as expected, though. However, I have to use 'RGB Composite' for specific RGB formulae that allow for retuning of ranges and gammas of the colour beams under 'Layer Controls'.

cheers, HP
Rick

Re: legend/layer labels cannot be changed

Post by Rick »

Hi HP,

Other than a new bug dealing with the color of the layer label, I am not able to reproduce the problem. I just want to make sure I understand the steps:
I installed the plugin
I added the 'RGB Display' to the list of valid display types for NCOL (natural colors)
When I went into the jython library, I was not able to edit 'From: RGB-Eumetsat.jar' library, so I copied the entire contents oc 'From: RGB-Eumetsat.jar' library and created a new library.
I changed all instances of combineRGB to mycombineRGB.
I added a MSG image, chose NCOL and displayed with RGB Composite.
Under the Legend, right click on RGB Composite -> Edit -> Properties
Default Legend Label is %displayname%
Default Extra Legend Label is nil
Default Layer Label is %display%
I used the Add Macro button and added %timestamp% to the layer label. Select okay and the time stamp shows up correctly.
I went through the same steps to edit the properties and the changes I made were still shown.
I want to make sure when you say 'next instance' you mean re-edit the properties.

Rick
hproe

Post by hproe »

Sorry Rick. With 'new instance' I have meant a new image of the same or other RGB.

Surprise though, testing again this muggy morning, all is well - the new defaults now remain across new RGB images and new sessions. Must have used the wrong 'Add Marco' default -don't know? So, this is settled

However, there remains a smaller issue not mentioned before. The list of macros shown when clicking 'Add Macro' is considerably shorter than with display type '3 Color ...', %shortname% and others are missing. Not really a problem, they can be added manually (remembring them).

Not sure what you meant with a bug dealing with the colour of the layer label.

HP
Rick

Post by Rick »

You can look at Inquiry 2132 to see the details about the bug with layer label colors.