getADDEImage() error

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

getADDEImage() error

Post by hproe »

Hi -

I have a script that processes MSG hRIT data from a local ADDE server. It worked well back in 1.5beta era. However, under 1.5 and 1.6beta1 it issues a longish error report when executing the getADDEImag() command. I have quite some difficulties to interpret the error message. Can you help, please. Executing the same task manually works. I have uploaded a data sample, the script and the error message to *ssec*/incoming/scriptError.zip.

cheers, HP
bobc

Re: getADDEImage() error

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

I picked up your function and data. I set up a local dataset with a dataset name of 'MSG3-FD' and a descriptor of '2.5minFD'. The first time I ran the example command in the documentation of your function, I got a similar error that you did. Here's the command I ran:

Code: Select all

sequence_sCxRIT('2013-07-29 09:30UTC',3,2,(50,10),(400,600),(-2,-2),'MSG3-FD','2.5minFD',9)

I had to change a few things up in this command to get it to run:

sequence_sCxRIT('2005-12-31 00:00UTC',1,2,(12,00),(400,600),(-2,-2),'MSG3-FD','2.5minFD',9)

• The date of the files you sent were from 2005, so I changed the date to reflect this
  • I only had 1 timestep of data, so I changed the '3' for numImages after the date to '1'
  • I changed the center lat/lon location from (50,10) to (12,00) ... this wasn't necessary to help with the error, but w/o this the display was solid white (no data).

Once I made these changes, it ran w/o error on my Windows 7 machine using 1.6beta1 nightly from 06/25. This also runs in 1.5. I didn't make any changes to the actual function, just to the command run through the Jython Shell.

With the final line of the error ending with 'No images match given parameters', I would guess that the date/time in your sequence_sBxRIT command doesn't match up with what is in the dataset. Either that, or your numImages keyword is too high of a value. For example, I see the same error if I set this to '2' when I have just 1 image time. One thing to mention is that your command was using sequence_sBxRIT and you gave me sequence_sCxRIT. I was able to get your command to run by doing:

sequence_sCxRIT('2005-12-31 00:00UTC',1,1,(0,20),(400,400),(1,1),'MSG','HRIT',9)

• I changed sequence_sBxRIT to sequence_sCxRIT
  • I changed the date to match my data

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks -
Bob Carp
hproe

Re: getADDEImage() error

Post by hproe »

Sorry for the trouble, Bob. I have solved the problem.

Actually, the error report came from one of my sub-users, and when I tested her case I got the same error. After your comments I looked deeper into my old code. Lo and behold, the script is assuming the standard 15min MSG steps, whereas the data is 5min rapid-scanning data. This corrupted the year-day information for the first frame. For running with time steps other than 15min you have to change this in the script. I will improve the function(s), i.e. ask for the time step explicilyt in the function call.

cheers, HP