Partial Menu

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

Partial Menu

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I ran a script, pretty basic, no fancy characters. Then, when I tried to change a color table interactive, part of the menu was missing. (There are a number of folders below "system").

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 10.45.54 AM.png

McIDAS-V 1.5beta2 build date: 2015-02-03

Joleen
bobc

Re: Partial Menu

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I'm having trouble replicating this one. I've tried running various scripts through the Jython Shell on both OS X and Windows 7 and I haven't seen the partial menu.

Questions
- Do you see this problem every time you run your script?
- Can you please send us your script in case there is something in there somehow triggering this problem?

Thanks -
Bob Carp
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

No. I cannot reproduce this every time. I ran again today to reproduce after using a server which is not supported. Neither the behavior of the display when I tried displaying images from the unsupported server nor the script ran in the same way. In this first, case, the image did not display, whereas a few days ago, a garbled image with a range of 0 to 0 displayed after many minutes. Then, I ran into the partial menu problem. I think this is just a problem with trying to work with a server that is not out of testing.

Thanks,
Joleen
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sorry to hear about this! If you can get it to happen again, an interesting test would be to try navigating the menu with the arrow keys--pretty much just click the button to get the menu up, and then you can hit the down arrow to head down the menu (and the right/left arrows "open"/"close" the submenus).

The interesting part would be trying to navigate beyond the visible portion of the menu. If the menu simply is not built after the last visible menu item, hitting the down arrow after the "System" menu item should result in "Edit Color Table" becoming the selected menu item. If the menu is built (but not showing properly), you'd have to hit the down arrow a few times before the selection cycles to the top of the root menu.

(my guess is that it'll be the latter)