error when creating an RGB layer

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

error when creating an RGB layer

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Since the 1.5beta2 build of Sat 13 December my sipts creating RGB image sequences quits when, after having stored all RGB frames in variable imageSeq, creating the RGB layer like

Code: Select all

imageLoop=makeTimeSequence(imageSeq)
 imLayer=imDisplay.createLayer('RGB Composite',imageLoop)

The error message issued is:

Code: Select all

visad.VisADException: SingleBandedImageImpl: Range must be a RealType or RealTupleType with one component

I have attached a sample script that creates a sequence of Dust RGBs. Up Friday build everything worked as expected.

cheers, HP
Attachments
DustSeq.txt
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Rick

Re: error when creating an RGB layer

Post by Rick »

Hi HP,

We have updated the VIIRS plugin and you'll need to uninstall your current version install the new version.

From the Main Menu, Tools ->Plugins->Manage uninstall the current version. Restart.
From the Main Menu, Tools ->Plugins->Manage->Miscellaneous (open the tree) install the current version. Restart.

Let us know if that works for you.

Rick
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hi HP,

There will be one additional source code module (not plugin) included in tonight's nightly to address your problem.

Rick
mhiley

Post by mhiley »

Hi HP,

This is unrelated to the VIIRS plugin actually. (However, you'll probably want to follow Rick's suggestion anyway if you're doing any work with the VIIRS plugin).

We made some fairly substantial low-level changes to the scripting stuff last week which broke createLayer's compatibility with the 'makeTimeSequence' function.

I just committed a fix, and I expect your script will work again in tomorrow's nightly. Let me know!

Happy holidays!
Mike
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Mike and Rick -

I have seen and installed the VIIRS update - thankfully you get a warning when starting up the first build containing the new version! Looks like it is working well. Another thank for (hopefully) fixing the broken createLayer stuff.

cheers, HP
hproe

Post by hproe »

In today's build createLayer works again for RGB, Mike!

Season's Greetings, HP