Vertical Range?

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

Vertical Range?

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I am running Version 1.5beta2, build date 2014-12-02. When I select View-->Viewpoint-->Vertical Range the vertical range dialog box does not appear.

Joleen
bobc

Re: Vertical Range?

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

Thanks for the bug report. One of our programmers was adding functionality to the Vertical Range tab of the Properties window for the display to allow for adding tick marks, setting intervals and an axis label to the wireframe box. This is to help match the functionality that already exists on the horizontal scale. However, the changes for this did seem to break the Vertical Range functionality. I made the programmer aware of this bug yesterday, and I'll let him know that you also ran into the same problem.

If you are interested, Inquiry 1408 is the relevant inquiry for this bug.

Thanks again for reporting this -
Bob Carp
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

I just wanted to follow up with you that this bug has been fixed in the nightly builds. If you give the nightly a try and run into problems with any of the new features, please let me know.

Thanks -
Bob
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

Thanks, it is working again. I like the addition of being able to set the font, however, it only applies to the vertical scale. It seems that there needs to be an option to adjust the lat/lon font, size, and weight as well. I am not sure something called the "vertical scale" dialog box is the best place to adjust the bounding box font settings, but at the same time, when the vertical scale font characteristics are changed, the user may want to change the horizontal scale font characteristics as well.

Thanks,
Joleen
bobc

Post by bobc »

Thanks for checking this out, Joleen. The ability to set the font of the horizontal scale (lat/lon labels on the wireframe) is available in the Horizontal Scale tab of the Properties window for the display. This can be accessed via View>Properties, but right now the labeling of the horizontal and vertical scales is not linked.

We talked to the IDV group about these vertical scale changes that we were making, and one of their programmers made a similar suggestion to what you are requesting. They suggested that there only be one place to set the font for labeling along the wireframe for both the horizontal and vertical scales. I wrote this enhancement, as well as another they suggested, up as Inquiry 1890. I can understand the confusion of having the Font options in the Vertical Scale window, especially if the fonts of the horizontal and vertical scales are going to be linked together at some point. I noted this in Inquiry 1890, that the Vertical Scale window might not be the best place to set the font.

Please let me know if this doesn't cover your request, and let me know if you have any additional thoughts/ideas.

Thanks -
Bob