1.5beta2: problem with createLayer

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

1.5beta2: problem with createLayer

Post by hproe »

Hi -

Running Jython code with 1.5beta2 of 2014-07-01 I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\McIDAS-V-System\mcidasv.jar\edu\wisc\ssec\mcidasv\resources\python\utilities\decorators.py", line 27, in call
File "<string>", line 1218, in createLayer
File "C:\Program Files\McIDAS-V-System\mcidasv.jar\edu\wisc\ssec\mcidasv\resources\python\utilities\decorators.py", line 92, in wrapper
File "C:\Program Files\McIDAS-V-System\mcidasv.jar\edu\wisc\ssec\mcidasv\resources\python\utilities\decorators.py", line 73, in _swingRunner
File "<string>", line 1318, in createLayerWithShortname
TypeError: ucar.unidata.data.DataDataChoice(): 2nd arg can't be coerced to visad.Data

Note that the error message is not rooted in my code. Most probably it stems from the lines where I create a display from a sequence of images:

Code: Select all

imLoop=makeTimesSequence(imSeq)
imDisplay=firstDisplay()
imLayer=imDisplay.createLayer('RGB Composite',imLoop

The code has been running well in builds up to 2014-07-01.

cheers, HP
Rick

Re: 1.5beta2: problem with createLayer

Post by Rick »

Hi HP,

Thanks for letting us know. There were some changes in the nightly releases that have created many problems with scripting routines. We hope to have a more stable beta version shortly.

Rick
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

I just wrote up a script that creates a 3-Color RGB loop and using yesterday's 1.5beta2 nightly I was able to reproduce your error. I tried the same script in today's nightly, and it works fine. Can you pick up today's nightly and give your script a try?

Thanks -
Bob
hproe

Post by hproe »

Hi Bob -

Using today's build (2014-07-04) I can confirm your finding. My scipt is running fine again.

thanks, HP