Navigation issue with ADDE data

Errors and unexpected results
wstraka

Navigation issue with ADDE data

Post by wstraka »

I am trying to view HRPT data that Russ D. made an ADDE server for in McIDAS-V, so I can make nice images. However, I get a wierd navigation issue. The image from -V (1.jpg)shows this really wierd swirl, while the image from -X gives me a nice image (2.GIF). I also remapped the data from -X to a different projection and a it really isn't there. It seems like there is a bug when the NP is involved. Thoughts??
Attachments
2.GIF
3.jpg
1.jpg
Rick

Re: Navigation issue with ADDE data

Post by Rick »

1) The original McIDAS-X area file does not look like it covers much of the NP.
2) How was the second image created - remapped in -X? If so, it looks pretty good except for the extreme polar regions.
3) Does the area file have lalo navigation, McV cannot read native POES navigation.
4) What version of McV are you running?
5) Post the area file on our ftp site and I'll take a look at it.
wstraka

Post by wstraka »

2) How was the second image created - remapped in -X? If so, it looks pretty good except for the extreme polar regions.

imgremap.k NSS/CLDX.${pos} MY/AREA.2 BAND=3 LAT=60.3991 150.0362 PRO=PS 60 150 RES=1.986613776 SIZE=6000 2300

3) Does the area file have lalo navigation, McV cannot read native POES navigation.

The ADDE server is set up to read in the navigation from the navigation file we produce from CLAVR-x. Also, the data that is not over the pole seems to be fine (see the image, which is a composite of a Miami, WI and Monterey HRPT overpass).

4) What version of McV are you running?

1.0beta2

5) Post the area file on our ftp site and I'll take a look at it.

ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/ssec/straka/AREA4001

Funny thing is that Mc-V thinks the range is 0-1000 for the AREA file...
Attachments
Multi_Pass_MCV.jpg
Rick

Post by Rick »

According to Russ, there are problems with the lalo navigation over the poles. He and Dave Santek are looking into the problem.
wstraka

Post by wstraka »

Seems a bit odd that the remapped files work, but the original files don't (though they seem to be fine in -X). Or is it the same issue in the non-remapped and the remapped files??