full screen size does not save in bundle

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

full screen size does not save in bundle

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

It seems that in older versions of McV, the full screen size would save in the bundle. (Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly). It currently does not save when bundled.

Thanks,
Joleen
bobc

Re: full screen size does not save in bundle

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

Thanks for reporting this. I'm seeing the same problem that you are. If I go back to McV 1.01, I can save a bundle with the Main Display window taking up the full screen, and when I load the bundle the display window will take up the full screen if I select 'Create new window(s)' when loading the bundle. This does not work in the nightly.

I think it might be related to inquiry 1558, where adding a new tab to the Main Display will resize your window to the smaller, default size.
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1558

I'll add this bundle-loading problem to inquiry 1558 so we can make sure to check on this when a fix is made.

Thanks again -
Bob
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

This is interesting, because I was just able to save a bundle that did retain the full screen size.

Strange.
Joleen
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

What 'mode' are you using when loading the bundle? Using today's nightly, I was able to make my display window full screen and then load in the bundle. Using the 'merge with active tab(s)' option, the display window stayed at full size. For me, all other options when loading a bundle either create a new tab or window and revert the display back to a smaller size.

- Bob
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

Generally, I use "Replace Session." I have tested again with the other modes. None are reproducing the error.

Joleen
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Hi Bob,

It seems my report arises from a misunderstanding of precedence for these various modes.

1.) Create new window - retains window size set in bundle in the View-->Properties-->Main panel
2.) Merge with active tabs - does not retain window size in bundle. Retains the size of the active tab.
3.) Add new tab(s) to current window - retains window size set in bundle
4.) Replace session - retains window size set in bundle.

I think you are correct, it is the mode which I was using that was causing the confusion on my part. If I was using merge with active tabs and a window size was already set, it might look like the proper size was being retained in the bundle, when in fact, it was the window size of the current tab determining the full screen size.

Joleen
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi Joleen -

Thanks for the extra information. I agree with you that the values in the 'Full Screen Dimensions' fields in the Main tab of the Properties window seem to be working correctly when saving/loading bundles. I had been testing this differently, where I was clicking and dragging to expand my Main Display window to take up the full screen and saving the bundle that way.

Thanks again -
Bob