netcdf global domain horizontal lines

Errors and unexpected results
carlospsneto

netcdf global domain horizontal lines

Post by carlospsneto »

When I display full global domain netcdf files using McIDAS-V a horizontal line appear(see image). I don't know why that happened and how to take that off. When i display the same data in other programs like Grads, that doesn't happened. Is there a way to fix that?
Attachments
temperature.jpg
bobc

Re: netcdf global domain horizontal lines

Post by bobc »

Hello -

Does it help at all if you change your setting for Fast Rendering for the layer? In the Legend of the Main Display, right click on the blue text of the gridded data and select Edit>Properties. In the Settings tab of the Properties window, change your option for 'Use Fast Rendering' and hit OK. Does this help remove any lines?

These horizontal lines are the result of projection seams at the edge of the data. By default, McIDAS-V will try adjusting the display to account for these projection seams, so you get the horizontal lines going across the screen that start at the edge of the display. If you turn fast rendering on, McIDAS-V will not try to account for these projection seams. If you discover that turning Fast Rendering on is what you want for the majority of your displays, you can change your User Preference so Fast Rendering is turned on automatically. This can be done through the User Preferences window via the Edit>Preferences menu item in the Main Display. In the General tab of the Preferences window, under Layer Controls, there is an option for 'Use fast rendering'. Turn this option on and click OK.

If this does not help, did you change your projection after displaying the data?

Thanks -
Bob Carp
McIDAS User Services
carlospsneto

Re: netcdf global domain horizontal lines

Post by carlospsneto »

First of all sorry for take so long to answer.

I tryed Fast Rendering and actually that made even worse, with more horizontal lines. The only solution is to make a new subset with a smaller area.

Thank you Bob.