problem subsetting MODIS 0.25 km data

Errors and unexpected results
tdrink

Re: problem subsetting MODIS 0.25 km data

Post by tdrink »

Kris,

You can ask the help desk how to change the textureWidthMax, it wasn't getting
set before. You'll need the nightly to do this. For now, this will give you the capability
to display very large images, but we need to determine why you have to use this
workaround in the first place.

Tom
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Kris-

The latest nightly should be passing these command line flags to the system correctly now. You can run -V from the command line like this:
Go to your McIDAS-V-System folder
./runMcV -DtextureWidthMax=4096

I was able to display your qkm data you just posted with this setting with the local adde servers as well as hydra. When I went up to 8192, I was getting the fragmented display and needed to adjust the pixel sampling to get a normal display.

Thanks, Jay
kbedka1

Post by kbedka1 »

This worked, I was able to display a full 0.25 km granule. How do we make this the option that runs by default when I click the McIDAS-V icon on my Mac dock?

I'll note here that I have had a lot of problems with drawing subset boxes in Hydra. If I come close to the edge of the domain, I'll often get an error like in the attached image. I am not going beyond the edge of the domain with my subset box so I don't understand why I'm getting these errors.
Attachments
picture 2013-12-04 at 9.47.39 AM.png
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Kris-

At the moment there is no way to force a command line flag with the launcher on the Mac dock. I've added a request to inq. 1534 (http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1534) for a way to do this through the Advanced Preferences.

Thanks, Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Kris-

Bob ran across this same error message with modis granules when subsetting near/on the image edges a couple weeks ago. This inquiry is in Evaluation for the issue: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1555

Thanks, Jay
ghansham

Post by ghansham »

Hi all
So atlast I got a chance to have a look on the file.
I downloaded the latest unstable version of mcv
And tried to display the latest file posted. The dataset size is not too big . It is around 8k×5k.
I have a linux box that has texture support of 16384x16384. It works perfectly for me. An interesting observation
If I do an image display without subsetting I get subsampled display. If I draw a box that covers akmost full imsge then I get full res display.another observation when I do multispectral display the display reprojects into data projection while in image display it does not. The reason is because longitudelatitudecoordinatesystem class extends visad.coordinatesystem and not visad.mapprojection.
Ghansham