refresh button not working

Errors and unexpected results
kbedka1

refresh button not working

Post by kbedka1 »

I had V up and running and am trying to load a local file. I am in a particular directory and scp'ed a new file into this directory. I tried the refresh button to get it to pop up into my file list, but it does not seem to work. When I leave the directory and then re-enter it, the file then appears.
jayh

Re: refresh button not working

Post by jayh »

Hi Kris- Do you mean the "refresh" checkbox that has an amount of minutes on it? Or when I'm in the directory listing on XP, I can right click and then choose "refresh". I tried this on our OSX tester and I can't figure any way to refresh it since I don't see any options when right clicking on OSX...

-Jay
kbedka1

Post by kbedka1 »

I am referring to the refresh button next to the Add Source button in the lower right of the attached image when browsing my local files
Attachments
Picture 38.png
jayh

Post by jayh »

Thanks Kris... I see the problem now. I'll write up and inquiry for that to get fixed.

Thanks, Jay
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for reporting this... I committed a fix for the refresh button on 2009-06-02 (~10AM CST!).

I'll investigate whether or not Java can listen to filesystem notifications. Having to hit a button and/or creating directory watching threads seems kinda silly when this sort of thing is built into the underlying operating system.