misbehaviour when changing font size of lat/lon labels

Errors and unexpected results
hproe

misbehaviour when changing font size of lat/lon labels

Post by hproe »

Hi -

I like the relatively new feature enabling lat/lon labels. However, I note a misbehaviour when trying to resize the label font in recent nightly as follows:
1. increase font size -> displays huge font size
2. slight change of zoom in or out -> font resizes to old size
3. any further zoom/in/out remains on initial font size -> font size cannot be changed

IDV 3.1u2 shows a similar behaviour but font increase at step 1 is more benign. All under W7 64-bit.

HP
bobc

Re: misbehaviour when changing font size of lat/lon labels

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

Thanks for the bug report. I am seeing the same issue of latitude/longitude label size not adjusting properly to the zoom level. I have written this up as McIDAS-V inquiry #1374.

http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1374

Thanks -
Bob Carp
kbedka

Post by kbedka »

I see that the lat/lon labels do not appear on the display using the nightly build from 2013-01-03, regardless of font size or zoom level. Also, when I zoom out, I get a strange mess of lines in my display, see attached
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-01-04 at 4.34.49 PM.png
hproe

Post by hproe »

Working with the build of 2013-01-04 10:33 under W7 64-bit I do not see Kris' problem.

The font size defaults now to a reasonable size. The size can be changed. However, it switches back to default size as soon as the zoom factor is changed.

HP
kbedka

Post by kbedka »

I'm using Mac OS-X
hproe

Post by hproe »

In recent 1.5beta2 it looks like the font size/selection for the lat/lon label works now much better, if not as expected. Can others interested in this feature check it as well.

HP
bobc

Post by bobc »

Hi HP -

Thanks for noticing this. With beta2, we updated the version of the IDV in McIDAS-V, so this may have helped. Also, since 1.4, we had Inquiry 1374 which passed testing back in November of last year. This inquiry helped to improve lat/lon labeling size with respect to zoom level and changes in projection.

Thanks again -
Bob Carp