Lines in McIDAS-V

Errors and unexpected results
glez_b

Lines in McIDAS-V

Post by glez_b »

because lines appear when I log in McIDAS-V?
how i can to remove this lines?
Attachments
Imagen1.png
Boris_MCS
bobc

Re: Lines in McIDAS-V

Post by bobc »

Hi Boris -

We have seen other users with this same problem before, and there are a couple things that you can try.

First, try changing the 'Fast rendering' options for your map background. To do this, click on the blue 'Default Background Maps' listed in the Legend. This takes you to the Layer Controls tab of the Data Explorer for the background map. The 'Fast rendering' options are checkboxes to the right of the color for each of the map lines. It appears that the 'World Coastlines' is the map that is producing these lines, so try changing the option for that map. Fast Rendering saves rendering time by not checking for projection seam crossings. Some maps display better when fast rendering is turned on, others display better when it's turned off.

If this does not work, one more thing that you can do is change your 'Enable access to geometry by reference' option in the Advanced tab of the User Preferences window. To get to this preferences window, in the Main Display window, select Edit->Preferences. In the Advanced tab of this window, there is a section near the bottom for VisAD. Change your current preference for geometry by reference, and hit OK. Note that you must restart McIDAS-V in order for any changes in the Advanced preferences to take effect. Restart McIDAS-V and see if the extra lines are still there.

From the McIDAS-V User's guide:
Unchecking this option can help to remove random/extraneous map lines that sometimes appear in displays of image data. This is a problem that may occur more frequently on systems with ATI graphics cards.

For more information about the Advanced Preferences, see:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv ... ences.html

Please let me know if this helps remove the extra map lines.

Thanks-
Bob Carp