close window on Draw Freely, can't get window back

Errors and unexpected results
joleenf

close window on Draw Freely, can't get window back

Post by joleenf »

I am using the nightly build and have noticed that if I close the draw freely control window using File>Close Window, I can double click the draw freely link on the legend and bring back the draw freely control window. If I close the draw freely control window by using the "x" in the upper left hand corner, I cannot bring back the draw freely control window from the legend.

Joleen
kaba

Re: close window on Draw Freely, can't get window back

Post by kaba »

"If I close the draw freely control window by using the "x" in the upper left hand corner, I cannot bring back the draw freely control window from the legend."

I would like to add that this used to work with older beta versions. I tried beta-3 and it worked fine.

On a similar note, I keep struggling to make my title fit on one line in the McIDAS-V display window. While I can do this by opening the "Drawer Control", click on "Shapes", double click the names of the range and expand the data window in order to get it text expanded in the McIDAS-V display window. It will be better if that can be done on the window where the text is instead.

Thanks
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Joleen-

I looked into this and found the problem does exist in our nightlies as well as the IDV 2.8u1 and nightly versions. I've send the problem to the Unidata developers and wrote this inquiry: http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=734

Thanks for reporting the bug.

-Jay
jayh

Post by jayh »

Hi Kaba-

Thanks for reiterating this short-coming when making a text box. Joleen told me that you have the workaround that if you make text too long and it wraps, the only way to force it to one line is to actually get the properties box and expand the properties box. I found your original findings in inq. 202. I've created inq. 735 to address this specifically. http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=735

Thanks for bringing this back to our attention. The IDV has this problem as well, and I've sent this problem to them for their comments.

Thanks, Jay