The University of Wisconsin Space Science and Engineering center (SSEC) will have a booth in the exhibit hall at the 2020 AMS annual meeting next week in Boston, MA (booth #234, see the map of the exhibit hall). A few highlights of the SSEC booth will include:
- Demonstrations of McIDAS-X and McIDAS-V. This includes new functionality and commonly used features of both software packages. These demonstrations will be available through the duration of the exhibit hall's hours.
- Demonstrations of WxSatS in virtual reality (VR) with the Oculus Quest. In this demo, people can try out the headset for a few minutes as they get to explore various weather satellites in orbit around the Earth. Users will also have the ability to view some test output from McIDAS-V in VR. A member of Satellite Data Services will be available for demonstrations at the following dates and times:
* 12:30p - 1:30p on Tuesday, January 14
* 1:30p - 2:30p on Wednesday, January 15
* 12:30p - 1:30p on Thursday, January 16
- Demonstrations of the SIFT software will be available, as well. Find more information about SIFT on the SIFT webpage.
For more information on the exhibit hall, see the AMS Exhibits webpage.
Outside of the exhibit hall, Dave Santek will be giving talk on Monday (01/13) at 10:45AM in room 104A. The title of the talk is "McIDAS: Visualizing Weather Data for Nearly One-Half Century!". This talk will be part of the History Symposium.
We look forward to seeing you in Boston!
McIDAS User Services