For current McIDAS-V users, notable changes since the previous version (1.7u1) include:
- Improved efficiency of Imagery chooser by selecting a time range before listing all times in dataset.
- Added new default enhancements for ABI Level 2 products.
- Added new formulas for grids and generating true color ABI RGB imagery.
- Added new display types for Theta Surfaces and 3D Volume Streamlines.
- Added the ability to smooth isosurface displays.
- Continued development of Jython scripting tools.
The full release notes are available at:
If you're new to McIDAS-V, a collection of fifteen McIDAS-V tutorials are available on the Documentation page of the McIDAS-V Website. The "Getting Started" chapter in the McIDAS-V User's Guide will also help to guide you through using the different types of data available with McIDAS-V.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
McIDAS User Services