For current McIDAS-V users, the only change since the previous version (1.7) is a fix to resolve a bug that could prevent McIDAS-V from starting correctly.
Other notable changes since McIDAS-V version 1.6 include:
- Improved functionality for displaying GOES-16 ABI imagery, including improved navigation, updated local servers, default public ADDE datasets, and an available plug-in for displaying GLM
- Improved the performance of the Satellite Imagery chooser when accessing large geostationary datasets
- Improved access to NOAA-20 imagery from the JPSS chooser
- Included new 2D and 3D grid trajectories based on the VisAD library enhancements
- Continued development of Jython scripting tools
The full release notes for McIDAS-V 1.7u1 and 1.7 are available at:
If you're new to McIDAS-V, a collection of fifteen McIDAS-V tutorials are available on the Documentation page of the McIDAS-V Website. The "Getting Started" chapter in the McIDAS-V User's Guide will also help to guide you through using the different types of data available with McIDAS-V.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
McIDAS User Services