For current McIDAS-V users, notable changes since the previous version (1.4) include:
- - Added the ability to work with remote Himawari data
- Updated to Java 1.7
- Continued development of Jython scripting tools
- Added time matching functionality
- Added enhancements to the Suomi NPP chooser, including aggregating multiple bands into one data source
- Added ability to plot vertical scale values on the wireframe box
The full release notes are available at:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv ... Notes.html
If you're new to McIDAS-V, a collection of fourtenn McIDAS-V tutorials are available on the Documentation page of the McIDAS-V Website. The "Getting Started" chapter in the McIDAS-V User's Guide will also help to guide you through using the different types of data available with McIDAS-V.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
McIDAS User Services