For current McIDAS-V users, notable changes since the previous version (1.3) include:
- - Continued development of Jython scripting tools
- Added the ability to add a display unit to the color scale in the Main Display
- Added enhancements to the Suomi NPP chooser, including preliminary support for VIIRS EDR data files
- Redesigned the Formula Editor window
- Improved MODIS granule aggregation
The full release notes are available at:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv ... Notes.html
If you're new to McIDAS-V, a collection of thirteen McIDAS-V tutorials are available on the Documentation page of the McIDAS-V Website. The "Getting Started" chapter in the McIDAS-V User's Guide will also help to guide you through using the different types of data available with McIDAS-V.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
McIDAS User Services