For current McIDAS-V users, notable changes since the previous version (1.2) include:
- - Updated netCDF-Java library to version 4.3.16; see "Latest netCDF-Java Version" section in full release notes (link below) for details
- Added ability to add latitude and longitude labels to the display
- Added ability to display consecutive profiles of sounding data with both point and model data
- Added two new mask formulas (Mask Function and Mask Within Range) and two new trajectory formulas (Grid 2D Trajectory and Grid 3D Trajectory) to the list of native formulas
- Added enhancements to the Suomi NPP chooser, including reading of CLASS data files
- Added improvements to the suite of Jython scripting tools introduced in McIDAS-V 1.2
The full release notes are available at:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/mcv ... Notes.html
If you're new to McIDAS-V, a collection of thirteen McIDAS-V tutorials are available on the Documentation page of the McIDAS-V Website. The "Getting Started" chapter in the McIDAS-V User's Guide will also help to guide you through using the different types of data available with McIDAS-V.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
McIDAS User Services