Panel Name

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
joleenf

Panel Name

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

Is there any way to display the panel name on the display window which is in full screen mode?
Attachments
fullScreenPanels.png
panelNames.png
joleenf

Re: Panel Name

Post by joleenf »

Hi,

I don't think this will be an easy request to fulfill and maybe there is a way around it. I have been using full screen mode just to make sure that I can get back the same display size every time. I like to work in the window size that I have designated so that I know exactly where the text should be placed. However, when I need 16 displays, it is tedious to set the screen dimensions for each one when I want them to be the same dimensions. Is there a way to do that?

In addition, I am finding that using full screen mode is cumbersome with many displays. Could you consider a full screen mode which would lock the dimensions of the main display so that I don't have to eject the display to view it in full screen mode?

Thanks,
Joleen
barryr

Post by barryr »

Hi Joleen,
Thanks for reporting these issues. As you found, the panel name is not included in the window when it's displayed in full screen mode. Interestingly, you can change the name of the panel while in full screen mode (via the View > Properties menu), but it reflects the change only on the main window (not on the full screen window).

I wrote two separate inquiries: 1180 for the simple request of adding the Panel Name to the full screen mode window, and 1181 to address the more substantial enhancement/redesign issues. For example, 1181 includes looking for ways to make it easier to set or persist the desired full screen dimensions (so it's easier/faster to apply to all displays/panels), make it easier to lock window dimensions, and consider renaming "View > Full Screen" and "View > Properties > Full Screen Dimensions" to something like "View > Eject" and "View > Properties > Dimensions of Eject Window" since the ejected windows often aren't full screen (can by any size).

Here are links to the inquiries:
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1180
http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1181

Thanks again,
Barry
joleenf

Post by joleenf »

Thanks Barry. That is a nice summary.

Joleen