for HYDRA Linear Combination display

Post ideas for new functionality you'd like to see in McIDAS-V or ideas for new tutorials.
tomw

for HYDRA Linear Combination display

Post by tomw »

I thought I had sent this in before, but could not find it (HP & I were discussion this again):

1. Right-click in the input window should produce only a list of functions that are usable from this (or, if that is too long, then the functions that are unique to this display -- selector() and combine()

2. Should be a quick way to copy the commands that have been entered to a Jython Library def() -- like in the Jython shell

3. How about multiple commands on one line? During this workshop, one exercize has more than a dozen commands just to set up the display and they all needed to be copy-n-pasted one at a time.

4. I still question the use of the name "combine" for the function....since it duplicates the name of an existing function in the VisAD library....and it serves a different purpose.

We also did find that the original LinearCombo "display" remains available (in the LayerControls panel, under "No Display") -- so any previous comments about persisting the information typed in can be ignored...
Rick

Re: for HYDRA Linear Combination display

Post by Rick »

Hi Tom,

I created inquiry http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/?inquiry=1147 to evaluate these issues.

Rick
Jon

Re: for HYDRA Linear Combination display

Post by Jon »

FWIW I like these suggestions, but I feel like I should note that you can use "makeField(...)" in lieu of "combine(...)"--it seems we never settled on one name!